Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Homemade Granola!


I love making things like granola.  There is something about making something from scratch that is readily available in the store that makes me feel fancy.  Especially with ingredients like "flax seed" and "agave syrup."  I know, right?  Who am I, Ina Garten?

Greek yogurt and granola make a great snack or a great breakfast and making a big batch of granola ensures time for breakfast when you are lazy to get out of bed, which for me, is most of the time.  It's not MY fault the bed is so comfy...stupid bed.

Making granola healthy can be tricky since syrups and sugars can abound, and this one is no different, but as long as you don't eat the whole batch at once, the healthy factor outweighs the sugar content. Overall, I think the granola was a little sweet for my taste, so next time I made it I'll make some adjustments.

Since it was the first time I made it, I stuck pretty close to the recipe but made some substitutions/omissions for things I didn't have on hand.  I found the recipe in my January/February 2011 issue of Food Network magazine and it can be found online.

I left out pumpkin seeds, because I didn't have any, and used dried cranberry instead of mango.  Overall, it was tasty and crunchy.  The recipe says it makes 4 servings, but I think I'll get 8-10 servings because I'm not a giant, so I won't be eating massive fistfuls of granola.


No comments:

Post a Comment