Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip: A little wrong never tasted so right

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I have some tried and true recipes to share that I made over the holiday.  I spent a few days with family in Tennessee and had a great, cheese-filled holiday.  I strive for healthy eating in my day-to-day life but I refuse to spend the holidays munching on the vegetable tray.  That's what January is for: work out commercials and remorse, amiright?

This year I made buffalo chicken dip, courtesy of a friend of mine from Murfreesboro, Heather Arrington, as it was a HUGE hit last Christmas.  It would be great for a holiday party, or a tailgate, because it is sinfully delicious.  This dip has ingredients I'm almost embarrassed to share (canned chicken.  gulp), but it's so delicious I just don't care.  The only thing you have to worry about is burning the roof of your mouth because you won't be able to wait to dive in.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 12.5 ounce cans of white meat chicken, drained
1 cup Frank's buffalo sauce
2 8 ounce packages of reduced fat cream cheese
1 cup ranch dressing
1 8 ounce bag sharp cheddar cheese

Drain chicken and put in pan to warm with buffalo sauce.  Add softened cream cheese, ranch, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.  Stir thoroughly, pour into a 8 x 8 baking dish, and cover with the remainder of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment