Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Swai? Swai not! (and greens)

I came across a friend of mine on facebook that cooked swai recently, which was a fish I had never heard of, so my curiosity was peaked.  I found some at "Gucci Brookshire's" on Line Avenue and bought some.  I was feeling pretty adventurous, since I didn't have a plan for cooking it, or know anything about it.  Turns out, swai is just catfish from Vietnam, so not really all that fancy, or intimidating. Color me humbled.

Typically I like to oven fry or blacken catfish, but I was hungry and in a hurry, so I used lemon pepper seasoning and baked in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.  It was flaky, mild, and yum and at $4.24 for two large fillets, it was quite a bargain.

For sides I went with my standard collard greens recipe, via Food Network's Sunny Anderson (I leave out the tomato and find that chicken stock tastes best), roasted mushrooms, and yes, that is kraft macaroni and cheese.  Sometimes, you just need to go old school.

No comments:

Post a Comment