Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Gift for the Naughty: Oreo "Coal"

While I was a little hesitant at first, I have become a full-fledged Pinterest convert.  It allows you to organize the internet into neat little folders, and is impressively addictive.  If you aren't familiar with it, check it out for yourself.  I won't waste time describing it because it's one of those things that you just have to play around with to really understand.

I've spent most of my time perusing other peoples boards for recipes, naturally, and came across this sinful, simple oreo bar that conveniently looks like coal.  Dessert that looks like coal?  Christmas time?  I think you see where I'm going with this.

For my work folks, I made homemade granola and these bars and put them in little bags and went around asking folks, "Naughty or Nice?"  Nice folks ended up with granola, and naughty got the coal (Hehe).  The only weird part was when students got wind of it and came to my office to say, "Hey.  I've been naughty."  I may have to rethink this process...

No Bake Oreo bars (adapted from Sweet Peas Kitchen)
2 16 ounce packages Oreo cookies
10 cups small marshmallows
8 tbsp Bummel and Brown yogurt butter

Line a 9 x 14 baking dish with parchment paper.  In the bowl of a food processor fitted with metal blade, pulse Oreos until ground. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and marshmallows for about 2 minutes until puffed. Pour marshmallow/butter mixture into the Oreo crumbs and stir until fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared baking dish and let set up for 10 minutes.  Cut bars to desired size and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds absolutely divine!! I was trying to figure out what to make for our neighbors, and now I know! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete